POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Another Lightning macro : Re: Another Lightning macro Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:34:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Lightning macro
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 May 2001 06:32:43
Message: <chrishuff-264ADB.05301703052001@news.povray.org>
In article <3af1203a$1@news.povray.org>, "Tom Melly"
<tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote:

> Hmm, well I ran this with mp (obviously), but I can't get the
> lightening to light up the scene, which would seem to indicate that
> emitting media doesn't contribute to radiosity. Am I missing
> something?

Yeah, you are. From the MegaPOV documentation, section 10.2.7,
"Miscellaneous changes & bug fixes":

"Radiosity estimation can be affected by media. To enable this feature,
add media on to the radiosity {} block within global_settings {}."

Sorry I wasn't more specific in my previous post...

PS: "lightning", not "lightening". The same error was made in the
include files...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><